ThE rOaD nOt TaKeN <body>
ThE rOaD nOt TaKeN.

Thursday, August 2, 2007







To continue where I left off today, went to sch around 11 plus to do some work and hopefully grab lunch. Was huffing and puffing by the time I finished climbing up the 100 plus steps from Carpark 4 (must remember to take a pic for posting...) Reminded me about when I used to climb up to L6 of LPS (though didn't feel as bad cos I was travelling light then.)

Did some compulsory reading, then went off for classes (no time to grab any food T_T) We played icebreaker bingo as it was the first tutorial.

Basically, we are given a piece of paper with a 4 x 3 grid. In each of the 12 segments, there are descriptions like " Likes Peranakan food" or "Knows someone who has participated in Singapore Idol" etc. So all we need to do is to get someone in the class who fits the description to sign on the paper. Once the game started, it was pure chaos. I remember moving around the class to ask frantically for help from anyone who had this or that. And amazingly, it reached a point where I helped one of the other classmates to complete her paper to claim her prize. As there were only 2 prizes, most of us stopped once the 1st 2 entries were in, but I was vainly clinging on to the hope that the 1st 2 entries might have mistakes, and it really happened! Another mad scramble and this time I managed to complete the whole set and so along the way, I got to know another 12 new friends, namely : Indy,Zong Yu,Abigail, Meng How,Kenny, Jerene, Boon How,Jana, Corina,Esther, Jayarani and Patricia. Plus there was the prize, rite?






















<------------My 'New' Book! Courtesy of Dr Jessie Ee


















My Winning Paper----------->











As you can guess by now, that was the start of a gd tutorial for me...(and my bedsheet is multi-coloured!)


This was followed by a lesson on InfoComm Tech (or ICT) by an ang moh tutor Dr. Williams which was also quite fun because he's quite funny but relaxed. After an interesting lesson, he introduced us to the discussion board and then became the first person to leave the class. The rest of the students quickly took his cue and left the room after a while. As for me, one more lesson to go...

Final one was tough as I felt tired and worn out(no lunch la!) Luckily managed to pop into the bookshop to get a Hershey's cookies and cream bar for a quick power up. Didn't really do the trick as I still felt sleepy (even now). Was thankful that we finished pretty fast and soon Iwas waiting for dear wife to pick up while unwillingly feeding mosquitoes at the bus-stop. Realised that it wasn't very healthy to 'skip' lunch and how it affected me in the rest of the day. If I had bad classes, I would have been out like a light. Thank God!


Had a scare just now while prepping this entry. The system prompted me to activate my Windows and then promptly told me that the registration product key was invalid. As it was a newly bought software, I did not expect any problems. No choice but to call them up and sorted it out by phone.

I'm just happy that today is FRIDAY!

No more 'power' failures please!

AC

Labels: ,



mE, mYsElF aNd I

P8010077
Recipe for Anthony:
a)Get 5 cups of humour, stir thoroughly till bubbles appear
b)Add in 1 teaspoon of common sense
c)Stir in 1 small bowl of respect marinated with honesty
d)Soak in humility for 15 minutes
e)Fry with some determination until satisfied
f)Garnish with as much enthusiasm as required
Bon Appetit! .

QUOTE

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost

FoReSt GhOsTs

JL
Christine
Shania
Sabrina


Ur BaRbArIc YaWps


PAst

August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
June 2009
April 2010


Props.

Blogskin adapted from a design by destinyboy productions