ThE rOaD nOt TaKeN.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Today is the first day of the new term for my batch of teachers. So you can imagine how many 'black' faces there are in school today...
I went back today with mixed feelings, knowing that I am one step closer to finishing my course and also wondering if my body is getting too old for this routine('lao liao'!) Started the day with a short 20min session on the exercise bike followed by a quick shower and it's off to school and breakfast.
Was pleasantly surprised to meet up with somebody and blackaltis while I was having my
cheecheongfun breakfast. I haven't really been in contact with them since just before the previous term's exam period, so it was really good to sit down and chat for a while.
Today's schedule was basically lectures and a late tutorial, so the 'old engine' was not really tested yet. However, I left school with the impression that the pace this term is going to be very fast and furious. We are going to be clearing about 4 modules in 7 weeks as opposed to the 9 modules in 4 1/2 mths. Alright, breathe in and out SLOWLY....
During a lecture today, we watched a video which featured a lady called Sue who was unfortunate enough to be suffering from cerebral palsy and epilepsy. They mentioned in the video that she is also mildly intellectually disabled. However, she continues to stay strong and tried her best to live a normal life. She has a job, a husband and is happy as a helper in a childcare centre. How many of us habitually give up when things do not go well? We tend to choose the easy way out whether it is resetting a computer game or choosing to copy answers from a friend or taking the elevator when we should be hitting the stairs... What would you do if you didn't have a 'get out of jail free' card to use and you had to deal with the situation as is?I just hope that I can find that kind of courage when I need it...
******
From the rumours in school, it looks like we will know our postings by Feb latest, so in addition to clearing all the work for this term, I will be working on some sample lesson plans that can be used when I head back to the primary school.(LPS...LPS...LPS!)
For those that are reading my blog, just wanna say gambatte, let's go ahead and do our best with no regrets, ya?
Cheers!
Labels: back to school