ThE rOaD nOt TaKeN.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008

As I'm typing this, I can hear the soft sounds of the rain coming through the open windows. The air is deliciously cool and I'm not thinking about electricity bills or year-end bonuses. It feels good.
Many people have asked me whether I'm going away for the holidays and they always say, "Why not?" when I tell them that I don't have any use for my passport this December. Don't get me wrong. I like to travel as much as the next guy, but short of walking to my destination, it is unlikely for me to be able to afford anything that is worth the travelling time.
So I remain firmly 'rooted' to Singapore. Given that the weather has been quite 'obedient' (it only rains at night and only when I get home), I don't have any complaints.
And I believe I shall be quite content travelling vicariously through my book. =)
Labels: reading, travelling